A 30-day private coaching program to help you get in touch with the true essence of who you are (and aren’t) by detaching from labels.
Price: $250 USD
When you have deeper spiritual insights, you realize that language is only the surface layer of the human experience.
But, it seems that self-help books, therapists and society at large (not to mention your own mental conditioning), hasn’t always received the message.
- Wouldn’t it be great if you could hear others call you a good/bad label and you didn’t get attached?
- Wouldn’t it be great if you could call yourself a good/bad label and you didn’t get attached?
We’re taught to either love them or hate labels. If you’re called a “good boy” then you feel happy (unless you’re a girl or a non-binary individual…then maybe you feel offended).
But, come on. Words are just words…right?
Still, we’re attached. We’re taught by society that the words matter.
How we’ll get unattached from labels
In this 30-day coaching program, we’ll examine the major areas of your life (Career/Finances, Personal Development/Education, Family/Relationships/Social, Physical/Health, Spirituality/Values). For each one, we’ll:
- Identify the emotionally-charged labels others have used to describe you or which you have used to describe yourself.
- Write out the verbal narratives (which inform your behavior) that go along with these labels.
- Choose new labels that imply other narratives, and write out those narratives.
- Conduct behavioral experiments to experientially learn what the implications of the new narratives would be.
We’ll meet once per week (in a private 1-1 session) for 30 minutes on Zoom. I’ll give you assignments to do each day of the week, and we’ll discuss what happens.
This program is for those who are committed to performing deep spiritual work. You must have 30 minutes per week to dedicate to talking on Zoom. Additionally, you must be able to dedicate at least 15 minutes per day to journaling exercises, as well as certain behavioral modifications we’ll discuss, based on your unique circumstances.
Hi, I’m Michael. I’m into meditation and stuff. I love challenging verbal constructions because they’ll all arbitrary and made-up, and yet people take them so seriously. I used to get confused trying to figure out whether I was “good person” or whether I had “social anxiety disorder” or whether “people liked me” or whatever. Now, I’m just suffering all the time and having fun writing about it. I hope I can help you attain some of this freedom as well.
Pricing and getting started
The price for this 30-day private coaching program is $250 USD.
If this sounds like something that interests you, I invite you to fill out an application. I might tell you it’s not a good fit, in which case I hope we can have a conversation to determine why and what might be a better fit.
Hope to hear from you.