A 60-day private coaching program for writers (fiction or nonfiction) who dream about creating something big but can’t seem to make it happen.
Cost: $500 USD
Ditch the excuses and start writing
“Michael, I want to write but I don’t feel motivated.”
You don’t “feel motivated” because you’re afraid to write. Maybe you’ve had bad experiences in the past around letting yourself get into the flow and just writing. That kind of thing can mess you up.
For example, you might be worried:
- Your writing will suck.
- No one will like what you write.
- It won’t make any sense.
- It will have grammatical errors.
Other excuses include: “I can’t get any peace and quiet”, “I can’t stick to one idea“, “I don’t have the right software“, “I don’t know what to write about“, and so on.
All excuses are the same: they’re stories your mind is telling you in an attempt to justify your fear.
The fear comes first, then the excuses kick in.
What we’ll do in this program
In this 60-day program, here’s what we’re going to do:
- Write every single day (without editing), no matter what else you might feel like doing.
- Identify what’s preventing you from putting your complete, honest self into your writing (even if you say “I don’t have enough life experience”, which is just another excuse).
- Behavioral exercises that will challenge you to “up your game” in terms of how much you’re allowing yourself to connect with your writing.
- Show your writing to the people who matter and hear their feedback (and also deliberately ignore the feedback that’s not helpful, because you’re the writer, not them).
- Once per week, we’ll meet on Zoom and discuss your progress.
By the end, you’ll have written the thing you wanted to write, and you’ll have learned a ton about yourself and leveled up your skills.
This program is only for those who are willing to put aside their excuses and get to work. Before signing up, please make sure:
- You have a conversation with your housemates to ensure they support your need for peace and quiet in order to write.
- You have an idea of what you want to write.
- You’re willing to dedicate at least 30 minutes per day to writing.
- You’re capable of tolerating grammatical errors in your writing and you care more about making magic happen than you do about looking good.
Pricing and sign-up
The cost of this 60-day program is $500 USD.
If you’re interested, I invite you to fill out an application form. I’ll be in touch to let you know if I think this would be a good fit.
Hi, I’m Michael. I’ve never written a novel, but I’ve tried a few times (honestly, it’s probably not for me). Still, I write every day. Most of it is blog posts, Instagram posts, emails, or sales pages (like the one you’re reading right now). I also wrote an ebook once. My experiences with hardcore meditation have taught me a lot about how the mind works, and the cause and effect relationships between feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. I hope I can use this insight to help you with your writing projects.