A 30-day coaching program for creative solopreneurs who want to ditch their brands and be creative.
Cost: $250 USD
Your “brand” is stopping you from growing.
When you’re a creative solopreneur, you want to do lots of things. They’re not necessarily bound by the constraints placed by others. No, you’re a creative person, so your business is going to be creative.
Rigid attachment to a “brand” makes it hard to do the following:
- Pick a color/business name/logo based on your true feelings in the present moment (which may not be what you were feeling yesterday).
- Write sales copy and have it be spontaneous and authentic, something that will speak to the right people, regardless of how others may or may not perceive your brand.
- Have a conversation with a potential customer in a way that is focused on the value you’re providing, without getting caught up in the image you’re expected to maintain.
- Create Instagram posts that are true in the moment, without getting locked into sacrificing authenticity for the sake of “grid aesthetic.”
- Choose your products and offers based on what feels right to you and what you’re excited to offer, rather than on what the market expects you to offer.
You might be worried that you won’t be recognized without a brand, or won’t be taken seriously without consistency, or that’s you’ll confuse people and turn them away, or that it’s not appropriate to get too personal with business stuff.
Wouldn’t it be great to have no brand at all?
The work of “unbranding”.
In this 1-1 coaching program, I’ll help you take the actions you need to take to solidify your non-brand.
Here’s what we’ll be doing:
- We’ll go through all your existing offers, and devise brands based on those, independently of your other offers.
- We’ll write new sales copy for your existing offers, with authenticity as the primary goal.
- We’ll examine transcripts of conversations you’ve had with potential customers, and pinpoint spots where you have sacrificed authenticity for the sake of image. Then, we’ll rewrite those conversations in a better way.
- We’ll create Instagram posts that incorporate elements from both your business and personal life, so you can feel like you’re generously showing everything you have to offer.
- We’ll get in touch with why you’re in this business in the first place, and devise a new offer that’s consistent with your values.
In fact, we’ll do this several times, with no attachment to results. I’ll make you do it over and over again until you’re comfortable making non-decisions.
About me and my lack of a brand
Hi, I’m Michael. When I started my online business in earnest, I was teaching piano and I called it “Self-Defined Musician.” But since then, I’ve branched out into many other topics beyond music. Even though I was obsessed with fonts and colors, I had to abandon my attachment to finding the perfect brand because it was stopping me from experimenting. You can listen to my podcast episode about this (Why You Don’t Need a Brand). I hope I can help you abandon your attachments too.
This is a commitment
When you sign up for this program, you’re committing to meeting with me once per week on Zoom for 30 minutes per session.
You’re also committing to being creative and experimental and putting in 30 minutes per day to do the work.
The cost of this program is $250 USD.
If this sounds attractive to you and you think you’re ready to commit to a transformative month, I invite you to fill out the application form.
I’ll be in touch to let you know if this sounds like a good fit.